Saturday, January 29, 2011

It's a Suzanne Brockmann Marathon!!!

Review:  Into the Storm 


I was in the habit of reading Suzanne Brockmann's books as soon as they came out - especially her Troubleshooter's Series. However, along the way I found that I wasn't quite excited when her books came out as I used to be simply because the stories didn't do anything for me anymore. Like once Sam & Larissa got married, I kind of lost interest. I liked Into the Storm because the storyline was interesting to me, but some of the characters in the book REALLY got on my nerves (Tracy - the office receptionist comes to mind), but she redeemed herself at the end to me showing she had some backbone after all. Mark Jenkins and Lindsay Fontaine, the main hero and heroine in the story had what I thought was a "high school" relationship. This also got old after reading half way through the book. The secondary characters (Izzy comes to mind) had a big role in this book and I will be looking forward to reading their stories in future books. The villain in the story truly gave me goosebumps and his main victim (Number 5) was a very brave woman. I found myself wondering if I could ever survive what she went through at the hands of this psycho. I would recommend this book but would advise those that haven't started reading this series, to start with the first book, Unsung Hero. It still is my favorite one!

Review:  Stand-In Groom

I started reading this book on a whim since I knew it would be a fast read. This originally came out as a Loveswept romance and was reissued. I enjoyed this book about Johnny Anziano and Chelsea Spencer who met when Johnny rescued Chelsea from some thugs that were trying to still her purse. I liked how their relationship developed but there were a couple of things in the story that was kind of hard to swallow. Johnny was a very "easy going" man and went with the flow on EVERYTHING - including marrying Chelsea so she could get an inheritance after a friend who had already said he would marry Chelsea, backed out because he ended up falling in love himself with someone else. I also thought that the fact that Chelsea didn't get to know Johnny that well (she didn't event know what he did for a living - she just assumed) was pretty far-fetched. I understand this is fiction, but give the reader some credit for at least having some smarts! LOL! Wouldn't you find out all you could about him before you took that big step - even though it would be short term? With all this aside, this was a fun, light read and would recommend if you were in the mood for something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment